- Get Help
- Give Help
Rural Women’s Support Program
The Rural Women’s Support Program provides services to women and their children living in Wellington County who have been or are in an abusive relationship, or have experienced childhood sexual abuse/incest, recent or past sexual assault, harassment and/or stalking.
We have offices in Erin, Fergus, Mount Forest and Palmerston and we offer you support and information so you can make your own choices about safety for you and your children. All our services are free and interpreters can be arranged when necessary. If you are unable to come to one of our offices we can arrange transportation, we can talk over the phone or we can meet somewhere else, outside your home.
- Immediate telephone support and information through the 24-hour Crisis Line
- Risk assessment and safety planning for you and your children
- Connect you with Marianne’s Place (our emergency shelter) if you need a safe place to stay
- One-to-one (long-term) counselling and support
- Group counselling
- Help with getting financial support
- Help with finding a new place to live
- Accompaniment, advocacy and referrals to police, court, hospital, lawyers, social services and community agencies
- Help with custody and child support issues
- Referrals for two hours of free legal consultation
- Sexual harassment support/information
- Help with Criminal Injuries Compensation, victim impact statements and court preparation
- Help accessing immigration services
- Help accessing transportation for related appointments
- Support and information for family and friends of survivors
- Public education, school, community, and professional training opportunities on a variety of topics
- Workshops – throughout the year there will be various workshops on specific topics of interests related to women’s experience. See the calendar for upcoming workshops.