- Get Help
- Give Help
Marianne’s Place is an accessible emergency shelter where we welcome all women and their children who are experiencing physical, sexual, emotional or financial abuse and/or stalking. It’s more than just a safe place to stay. After intake, our staff will give you support and information so you can make your own choices about safety for you and your children.
The location of the shelter is confidential. All our services are free and interpreters can be arranged when necessary. You can contact the shelter by calling our 24-hour Crisis Line at 519-836-5710 or, for long distance, 1-800-265-7233 for immediate and confidential support.
- Immediate telephone support and information through the 24-hour Crisis Line
- Risk assessment and safety planning for you and your children
- One-to-one counselling and support
- Group counselling
- Accompaniment, advocacy and referrals to police, court, hospital, lawyers, social services and community agencies
- Help with custody and child support issues
- Referrals for two hours of free legal consultation
- Help with immigration services
- Help with finding a new place to live
- Help with getting financial support
- Help with Criminal Injuries Compensation, victim impact statements and court preparation
- Social and educational activities for you and your children
Please call us anytime. We are here for you!