- Get Help
- Give Help
Family Court Support Program
Navigating the Family Court System can be difficult, confusing and overwhelming. For women who have experienced abuse in their relationship, this process is intensified by safety concerns and increased complexities with processes relating to custody, access and support. The Family Court Program provides services to women who have experienced abuse and are currently involved or about to enter the Family Court process.
The Family Court Support Program offers:
- Advocacy and Information about family law procedures, processes and paperwork.
- Assistance with recording the history of abuse for court documentation.
- Safety planning and risk assessments, especially related to court appearances.
- Support with completion of paperwork, documentation and lawyer’s requests.
- Referrals and advocacy with specialized services and community supports.
- Accompaniment to family court proceedings and lawyer’s appointments.
- Information and practical support in accessing Legal Aid.
- Debriefing and discussing court outcomes.
- Support with additional steps in the process.
- Regular information workshops about the Family Court process.
- Interpreters available upon request.
The Family Court Support Program does not offer legal advice and is not intended to replace advice from a lawyer.
For more information call 519-836-6865 ext.228
Family Law Resources
NOTE: This information below can be helpful, however it is not in any way a replacement for legal advice and legal representation. We strongly encourage you to seek legal advice from a family law lawyer before making any final decisions about how to proceed with your case
Links and Resources for Family Law
FLIC – Family Law Information Centres
Meet with an Advice Lawyer for free through Legal Aid Ontario.
First-come, first-served. Sign up for appointment upon arrival.
Every Friday from 9-noon at the Family Court House/ 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph.
Ministry of the Attorney General – Info on separation, divorce, children and family law in Ontario
Legal Aid – 1-800-668-8258
Ontario Court Forms, including all Family Law Forms and links to Family Law Guides
Family Law Rules
Guide to Ontario Courts
A Guide to Family Law in Ontario – by Community Legal Education Ontario
Your Legal Rights
Community Legal Education Ontario
Family Law Education for Women – Family Law information available in 14 languages
Ontario Women’s Justice Network – Legal information on issues related to violence against women
Family Law in Ontario – Information from the Law Society of Upper Canada
Representing Yourself at a Family Law Trial
Child & Spousal Support
Family Responsibility Office
1-800-267-4330 (Call Centre) or 1-800-267-7263 (automated info line)
Department of Justice Canada – Child Support Online Lookup Tool
My Support Calculator